With the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, many employees and business owners have settled into working from home. This doesn’t mean that it’s easy, in fact it may even be more of a challenge to get into work mode and stop yourself from binge watching Netflix. In order to stay on track, it’s good practice to set up a designated work area where you can be more focused and freed from distractions. Here some ways to make your home office more functional and boost your productivity
Being organized comes naturally to some, but for others, it takes a bit of work. Use tools to help you stay organized. These can be mobile apps to keep your schedule and tasks in one place, or visual aids such as whiteboards and sticky notes. Desktop planners are also worth the investment and also give you a more hands on approach to logging your work tasks, errands, reminders and more. These tools help to manage your time by planning your day and allocating designated hours for work, household duties and leisure.
Keep Your Desk Clutter Free
You work better in a clean and tidy space. Files, notes and even pens are easier to find if they are properly arranged on your desk or on shelves. File holders don’t have to be boring either, in fact, decorating your office with simple yet stylish accents can create a calmer and comfier environment. A clean and tidy work space is one simple way to boost your productivity.
Some other nifty tricks to help you create a wonderful home office include:
- Let more natural light in by setting up near a window and using light colored or sheer curtains.
- Use a pillow for extra back support when you work long hours at your desk.
- Take breaks to stretch or walk around the room to improve your blood circulation and help with posture.
- Keep a desk lamp in your office space for extra lighting when working late.
- Wear comfortable clothing but not your pajamas to work. It helps you to maintain a level of professionalism and be prepared for unexpected zoom meetings.
With these tips in mind, you’re well on your way to create the ultimate work from home haven!